Pages

Thursday, November 3, 2011


Week 8 in Tolo Harbour

Where to start? I feel very exhausted right now my fingers have no strength to type, yet I am at peace and happy inside.
Sister Jau came to church with her two daughters on Sunday! And they loved it! They also had the Primary program in Sacrament and her daughters also participated (TaiPo Ward has Sacrament meeting last) and the daughters made friends and were holding hands together by the time church was over and begged their mother if they could come again to church next week :) :) :) :) so cute
Sister Jau herself is doing very well as well, she has kept every single one of the commitments we gave her and although she isn't sure she believes them yet she is willing to try them out. We challenged her to pray for an answer on Tuesday and described to her about our experiences with the Spirit, and last night when we called her to follow up on her commitments and give her a new chapter to read from the book of mormon, she told us that she feels she has obtained a small answer. Glimps of quietness. We told her to keep praying and doing as she has been and promised her that the feeling she felt will grow larger. We are very excited about her progression, we have seen her twice a week, and this weekend she is also coming with us to the Family Geneology activity on Saturday at Sha Tin! She loves the church and the members, we are very excited.
We have come up with a plan for our two friends, whose parents have not given them permission to be baptized until a long while, Zoe [Zo-ee] and Elock, We have decided to teach them all the rest of the lessons so that incase their parents have softened their hearts they will be ready to be baptized before the parents change their minds again. We want to ask them if they are willing to ask their parents their baptismal permission for Christmas Present. We have great hopes.
The other day, after Korean Class, I was on splits with formal Summer missionary Wilma to buy some supplies, when I spotted Heison!! We ran after him to talk to him, he said he was on work hours and returned to the store, and so now, I know where he works! (that sounds a little creepy,,but it's a good thing) It is a drink shop, so Sister Farr and I went their to buy a drink and he saw us, and I smiled, we hope that he would start to loose up from his guiltiness and hopefully he feels he is welcomed whenever he feels he is ready to come to church and whatever he is going through is resolved. I pray for him everyday still.
Elsa hasn't been coming to church and for some reason she is very busy and cannot see us until sunday, it is very confusing to know what her priorities are and if she really is interested to learn more and be baptized or not. last week she had to cancel our appointment on sunday because she was sick, hopefully she makes it this week.
Tuesday during FHE, our correlator Brother Lam shared his thought and he shared about an article in the Book of Mormon edition of the Liahona about the man who washed his hands before touching and handling the sacred Book of Mormon. It was the first time I saw him cry, it was very touching and powerful as he testified of the Book of Mormon and the Restoration. On Friday we had a dinner with the Choi family in Sheung Shui, and the father works in the Hong Kong Temple. He shared his meeting with a family from Thailand that saved up their money to come to the Hong Kong temple to be sealed. Thailand that day had a great flood, he asked if their home was ok, the mother smiled and said that their house and everything they owned have been swept away, their house is no longer where they left it, but she said that it was ok, their family is sealed for eternity and because of it they will always have a home, it didn't matter if they had a house or not, they have their family for ever, so they have everything. Brother Choi was so touched by the family that he shared it with us missionaries, and I am just so thankful, so thankful for incredible saints all around the world, their faith also strengthens my faith, we have amazing members here in Hong Kong, their examples are powerful influence in me, I learn more everyday how after mission I can be the member missionary I ought to have been, how to be the member missionary that we all should be.
I will probably end my mail here, I hope that everyone is doing well, there's hardly enough time to write a letter here on P-days, especially because sometimes thursdays are only open day for some investigators, and there are more errends to run, chores to do than MTC :) So I hope that people read these posts, because it's hard for me to write them personally. I really hope that, as always, that each of you are also growing closer to the Lord and becoming more awesome of a person than I left them. I love you very very much, always, and most importantly, the Lord loves more than anyone can ever comprehand. Study His words, everyday, especially the Book of Mormon, having been written specifically for us in this time and our day.
God speed
Leih Jimuih

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for always sharing such inspiring stories, Sister Burningham! It's so exciting to read of your efforts to share the light of the gospel with our brothers and sisters in Hong Kong!

    I'm glad Sister Jau and her daughters are having good experiences in church. You seem to be blessed with a really great, welcoming ward, and that's so important. I'll keep praying for her, and you, and your companion! Thank you for being such a valiant missionary and daughter of God!

    Love, Emily

    ReplyDelete