MACAU 5
Another miraculous week!
where to start, well, A-Yan's baptism of course!!! :D :D :D :D
She is SO awesome! she is 20 years old and I am looking forward for her to prepare to serve a mission as well, as she has already helped us teach a lesson before being baptized, and even on her baptismal day she helped us go finding and together we found another new investigator and taught her on the street with A-Yan!! She is so incredible and loves the church so much!
Lets see, oh and so Jenny's parents have now given her the permission to be baptized and because there is a leadership meeting in church this sunday they moved the baptism a day early so it's now this Saturday after the "mutual"-missionary Activity we hold every Saturday! She has already agreed to help teach baking for the activity and we will see her get baptized and eat the cookies we made together afterwards, :D
Oh and I did go back to Hong Kong last friday only to turn around and come right back to Macau! 4 of us foreign missionaries have all received 20 more days in Macau, we shall see how much longer after that we are allowed to stay :)
A-Tihng on Sunday was talking to different people and participated in classes very well, and she was smiling a lot and looked much happier. She also sincerely congratulated A-Yan and welcomed her to the Branch. We are seeing so much progress in her, she is opening up more and changing herself to become better and happier. :D
We also had a formal investigator call this past week to tell us some unhappy news, and no matter what we shared (testimony, scripture, Jesus Christ, personal experiences,etc.) she seemed determined to keep her decision that would mean seriously breaking a commanment, she only wanted to convince us that she is an exception and wanted us to agree with her and console her. But finally, it happened that we ended up having the elders with us in her home to help her clean and move some heavy things, but she had already finished cleaning everything by the time we got there as scheduled, so we ended up teaching her together. And when things were again not helping her to repent and turn towards Christ, Elder Yeung our zone leader who was with us spoke in a way best described by the scripture in Doctrine and Covenants section 121 verse 43, he reproved her with the Holy Ghost. As he spoke so boldly and strict, so powerfully, the Holy Ghost was felt so strongly in the room, no one in the room could deny what was being felt, I think even the baby within her because she all of sudden held onto her stomach as the Holy Ghost witnessed unto all of us powerfully about Elder Yeung's sharp reproval. Afterwards, our investigator's attitude changed, she sincerely wanted to know how she can really trust God as she tries out keeping the commandments first, she really wanted to know if there really was hope for her, she has promised to personally kneel down and pray to know God's will and let us know this coming week what her decision afterwards will be. And then two days later she came to A-Yan's baptismal service, she has never been to a church service before and she really loved the hymns and held onto the book very earnestly. She realized through A-Yan's testimony afterwards that church people don't have perfect lives, they have tragedy happen to them too, but can still be happy because they have God with them and the family they find in the church of God. She left that meeting with much hope for her circumstance. It was truly a miracle. I had prayed for her a lot the past week. I also received a priestood blessing the past week which told me that my mother's earnest prayers are protecting me and that there are angels round about me, I asked the Lord to please send some of those angels to protect this investigator and her baby with-in her at this crucial time, and I know that my prayers just as every one's, were heard.
It truly humbles me to serve a mission. We missionaries truly are still immature 19 to twenty-something year old kids, and that this really is God's work, not ours, I cannot help these people with their challenges and tragedies, only the Lord can. All that I can do is to do my best to be a worthy clean receptor of the Holy Ghost that God, through me, can freely accomplish His will. I am but a pen in His hands, i need to be ready and worthy so as God picks me up to use, there's ink ready to be spilled. And I am so grateful for the worthy priesthood holders, God's authority on earth. I am so grateful for the Lord's mercy. Despite all my imperfections still finds me useful to accomplish His designs. All these miracles are happening before my eyes and I know that it's all the Lord's doing, and I am just grateful to have been there to witness and recognize and give thanks to Him for the opportunity. I have done truly no special thing to deserve so much blessings, privileges and opportunities as He is constantly giving me. I am so grateful, despite all my pride, lack of faith, weakness, and sins, the Lord loves me so much and is willing to keep working on me, to change me, to help me become better, even to become as He is.
I hope that I will never forget His mercy and remember of my own nothingness.
with Love, always,



No comments:
Post a Comment