Kwun Tong 3
Thank you everyone for your support and prayers, I definitely feel them and it helps me, who has many weaknesses, do wonders. It's truly wonderful being on a mission to humbly serve and do our utmost best, and to see the Lord stretch forth His hands to accomplish miracles and teach us all. I am constantly honored and privileged to be serving on this full time mission. Truly an opportunity that I would forever be grateful for.
I forgot, last Thursday was March 22, which means that I have been serving my mission for 9 months, my half mark point. It was a bit unsettling at first because it has really gone by so fast, I have already went through half of this special time, and the desire and hopes to use this sacred time to its fullest further sinks in my heart. And I feel the Lord trusting me with more opportunities and challenges to step up, learn, and to grow, and these strengths I feel that isn't my own continues to grown and strengthen within me, I can really feel this mission purify me. I am overcome with this waterfall-like mercy pouring down from the Lord. I have felt myself let go little by little daily, the pride that I have yet let go of. And I can't help but to feel that the Lord is continuously preparing me for both the near future and the far future. The Lord is really making something out of me, and I can only trust in Him.
I don't think I have written about Pandora (or Tihng Tihng) yet, she is our recent convert Cindy's older sister and LOVES Korea and really wants to learn Korean. She has turned down Cindy's invitations to learn the gospel but then all of a sudden she wanted to schedule the missionaries to learn Korean when I moved here. We explained to her that we couldn't just teach her Korean only because that isn't why we volunteer to go on this mission for the Lord, so we came to an agreement of 15 min Gospel and 30 min Korean lessons. The first time she came though, Cindy really wanted to watch the Restoration movie with her sister, so we did, and it prompted Tihng Tihng with many quesetions, so we taught her the message of how Restoration came about and why it is important, and upon seeing the Book of Mormon she eagerly said she will read it and find out if this is really all true. In closing prayer, her first time praying, she expressed how she hoped to understand and learn more about this gospel of Jesus Christ, and no mention of Korean! And then we ran out of time so that meeting turned out to be 45 min gospel lesson and 5-10 min Korean. It was a miracle! And then she is continuing to investigate, and expresses she feels better after praying and she likes seeing the missionaries and as Cindy expressed, the two sisters' relationship has improved since Cindy's conversion to the gospel and Tihng Tihng seem to recognize that as well. I am very excited for her to feel more of the power of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
We also started teaching Phoebe, a street contact from the Elders, I am amazed as I teach her because she has grown up in the Mainland and the influences she had as she grew up convinced her to believe that there is no God. yet, she keeps coming back to learn the gospel, and asks great questions. Last time we got to the point where she recognized that she need to really try this out because she doesn't have a definite testimony that there isn't a God, and because finding out if there really is a God will give her more hope in her life. She is very smart and really easily understands the word of the messege, we are working on trying to help her feel it by trying to help her to pray with real intent.
I went on a companion exchange as we went finding on the street for the other district, and it was one of the rougher finding where we couldn't find anyone interested. As I felt a bit down and entered the subway, I knew that I needed to just overcome it and continue to find. And so when I looked around, in front of me I saw a man who wore a cross around his neck, and saw that he was looking at us missionaries. I asked him if he has seen us before, he said no. I explained to him who we were and he said as he pointed to his necklace that he is also Christian. I asked Him why he believes in Christ, he said certain events in his life led him to Christ. I asked him which church he attends, if he attends it every sunday and why that particular church. He regularly attends a church below his apartment because it is most closest to him. So I gave him a Restoration pamphlet, our church addresses and a Book of Mormon with explanations and he graciously accepted them. And I was overcome with gratitude, the Lord has placed someone who would accept our invitation, and really, this one event/encounter outweighs all the previous disappointments. And I had to repent, because I had forgotten to ask for his contact information,,, but I know that the Lord will consecrate my efforts as I repent of my shortcomings and mistakes and will continue to lead those prepared souls to Him, and will help me as a missionary to learn and grow to do better next time. I am continually grateful for the Savior's Atonement that offers that opportunity for me to repent.
Time is up and I need to go,
but I love you all so much, thank you so much for everything
the Lord has really given me precious, wonderful, Christ-like friends within my family and even so many outside of my family
Loves Always,
Sister Burningham
Leih Jimuih
No comments:
Post a Comment