I am on a very slow computer today so this will be a quick note.
First of all, Suki, Annie, and Lucy are all confirmed and received their gifts of Holy Ghost!! Their testimonies are touching the people in our ward, they are so amazing!
We also have New Summer Missionary, Sister Chan! She is from Ma On San Ward back in the Tolo Harbour Stake/Zone I used to serve in my first 3 moves in Hong Kong! And she has just returned from her trip to Korea and got assigned to be our companionship's summer missionary! She is so full of happiness and humility and enthusiasm and hard work, She has been such an enormous help, support, and blessing this past week! She has helped so many of our investigators to progress!
Our zone has also started our EEFY Activity this week, English Especially For Youth, it will last from Monday to Friday with many activities and sharing of talents like the church activity/camp EFY. It has been going quite smoothly after some nervous scattered planning and preparation, and on Tuesday, Sister Clements and I even taught Drawing!
Our beloved Raven is also doing amazing, she has a powerful testimony of prayer and is really developing faith. She is so prepared and is progressing at a great pace for her.
Despite all the amazing miracles that are happening and the people progressing so well, the mission is still a challenge. It is hard, really hard. I think the biggest miracle and progress in a mission is the miracle and the progress that happens with in each of us as a missionary. I know that although things are hard, each of these challenges were arranged specifically for each of us in specific perfect way. I know that I would never have learned the things I have learned or grown the way I have grown if it wasn't for these specific challenges the Lord has given me. The only thing that holds me up is the support of my Lord. And that takes humility. In all we do, no matter what our circumstances, we are all tested of our faith which can only exist when we have humility. Whether our life may be easy, amazing, hard, worst thing ever, we are still tested of the same things.
I think the true test in life is that, no matter what happens, no matter what circumstance or situation we are in, are we willing to be humble and exercise our faith to fulfill our duties of the time? Right now my duty is this mission in Hong Kong, in Kwun Tong, there is no excuses or exceptions as to why I am unable to fulfill my duty here right now. When my mission ends, I am to still accept the new duty as a member missionary and not dwell on the fact that I am not a missionary in Hong Kong anymore and lead me to not fulfill the new duty to its fullest. We need to be humbly be faithful to our duties. The Liahona of the last month helped me a lot in realizing this. Today, so many beloved missionaries finished their missions, including my beloved "step-mother" Sister Farr, and Sister Darcey who has been a great influence in my mission ever since my first week in Hong Kong. Sister Cheung who I admire so much and want to become like, and Sister Hsien such powerful encouraging missionary, and Sister Siddayao who has felt like a mother to me and helped me see the international side to Hong Kong and just opened my deep love for Philipean people. Today is also our moves day/transfers, and I am staying in Kwun Tong with 3 moves still left. Sister Cook will be moving to Aberdean and West Point.
So many has happened, been happening lately, so many things I can't even begin to describe that are trying to break in and destroy my peace, So many drastic changes are happening and we all knew changes are coming soon, and there is so much mixed up emotions that draws me evermore close to my Lord. I want to fulfill His will for the people here. The work He has given me. I want to be pleasing to Him. In all the things that are happening everywhere, He is my anchor, my only hope, the only source of constant love and light that guides me. The only reason why I am still alive and here, the only reason I'll ever need. The only source of opinion that matters. And I gain it all from His Book of Mormon, through prayer, fasting, and His Spirit. I am so grateful to be a member of His sheep. I know that as I keep holding onto His light, I can't fall, can't fail, can't get lost. He is my everything.
He is the Love that I hope you all can feel today and always,
Sister Burningham
No comments:
Post a Comment