Hello everyone!
Sadly last week, Yuen Ying and Ga ga's mother did not give them a baptismal permission. And lately her marriage situation has been worsening. But we were able to schedule her Tuesday to visit her with the Young Women President, so we are praying and fasting towards this appointment.
Sister Jamison has been moved to Aberdeen.
And so I am now companions with
SISTER CHAN!!!!!
She is from Tai Wo Ward, the very first place I served in, and just got moved out of Macau area, Sister Farr and I back than helped her less-active mother and sister, and were so close to them, Sister Chan, the mother, even "adopted" me, and she became my Hong Kong mother, and calls me her "nice pig"! Just like my real mom who also calls me her pig xD And ever since we first met in Hong Kong we had a special connection, and felt like we knew each other and were very close friends from pre-earth life, and were always just happy to see each other though we have never served in same district nor zone. And now we are companions!! Who knew!!! she will be finishing her mission a move after me, so no one guessed that two missionaries that "old" would be put together! xD
Sister Chan is such an inspiration, most happiest missionary I know, and it is rubbing on me a lot :) :) wow, it has been such a power lately. I actually did hope that I could end my mission with having served with another native missionary before I finish. The Lord knew my heart, so well.
After Sister Kiene left, Sister Wong (my companion back when I served in Macau) also moved into our apartment as well!!! I am surrounded by Tai Wo people, Hong Kong people whom I love so so much, so it has been an incredible blessing.
Anyways, last week with Sister Chan we saw Li Yin Ni, less active member in Tseun Wan. She is developing more desire for change lately, and wants to increase her faith. Sister Chan has also been a great help and encouragement for her, it was a perfect timing! The Tseun Wan Ward finally gave us some names of people we could visit, (after having visited people on our own and having been told that it is unnecessary to visit those people). So we hope to find more success within those names! The elders had baptismal service last Wednesday where Yuen Ying and Gaga also came, and their mom was unable to make it again.. Gaga has a desire to teach the gospel more effectively to her younger brother Hong Hong, which have been rather touching, because their relationship wasn't the best. She also shared her desire that one of the reasons she wants to be baptized is because she does regret many things from the past and would love this chance to start over. We were so glad to hear that!
Everything is going well, and I am doing all I can for these beloved 2 areas!
But loves and prayers to all of you back home as always,
and I will write again next week!
Sister burningham :)
Last week, for Sister Kiene's last P-day, our zone went to this Star pier? Basically Hong Kong version of Hollywood, where there are hand prints of all these chinese stars on the ground, etc.
Jackie Chan hand print
Bruce Lee Statue
Every Wednesday we have service activity where we clean up the trash in the pier. This was my last district before all the change
No comments:
Post a Comment