Pages

Thursday, May 17, 2012


Kwun Tong 10


Many mixed feelings right now, but I am mostly very very happy.
Sister Cook reminds me lots of my BYU family so it has been especially fun lately.
Miracle story from yesterday: A lady named Mary whom neither of us knew who she was or where she got our number, just randomly called for information on our English class. I was happy to let her know and we chatted for a while to arrange it all for her. Then on the end note she mentions, "You guys are the Mormon church right? Is it possible for me to maybe get a copy of that Mormon Book? I want to understand more about it" And we ended up scheduling to see her in the afternoon that day. And so she comes to our church, with a younger Friend! Who also really want to learn about our church and asked So many questions! We ended up teaching them both! And both are interested to learn, to really sincerely pray to find out if the Book of Mormon is true or not, if Joseph Smith really saw the Vision! We were both very awed and didn't know what to say afterwards, just very very very happy. Our finding lately hasn't been that of an obviouse success, and our beloved Amber from the week before was prevented by her family to ever see us again, we keep in touch through text but all three of us are sad that she won't be able to keep progressing and coming unto Christ through baptism. But God has been very merciful for us in our best efforts, He is really trying our faith, and it has been a short but great period of growth for us both. We realized that because Kwun Tong has been known as the "promised land" by missionaries because of their many frequent baptisms, the ward was actually very weak and couldn't even support or keep the recent converts without constant effort of the missionaries. We realized that the Ward needs strengthening from the missionaries so that they are themselves converted and can have the power and inspiration they need to fellowship and start reaching out sharing the gospel with their friends. We decided to put most of our efforts and time into strengthening the members although it will not count towards any outward results on our key indicators. But we decided to trust that as we exercise our faith to do what we believed was the will of the Lord, He would also bless us with needed miracles to keep His work moving forward. And He really did. He gave us two ready investigators just yesterday to start teaching, and He also has given us lots of help from other missionaries. Anyways, I am just constantly overwhelmed by the grace and mercy of the Lord, and it really keeps me going and happy and grateful. And I am falling in love more and more each day of really giving my all to serve Hong Kong, to draw these precious children of God unto Christ, to forget myself and the world I used to know and just lose myself in serving, I know I am in the Lord's care and direction. I know He will take care of all the rest. And I am striving each day to live up to all that I testify, and rely on the Atonement of my Savior for all that I fall short in. I am constantly grateful, God is truly Great.
Loves Always to you all,
Sister Burningham

                                            the beautiful view from Sister Pang's home again :)
 

                                          with my new companion Sister Cook

got unintentionally advanturous (we went finding and didn't have enough time to return to our normal traveling route) took a ferry instead of bus to travel to our zone meeting, And! DIDN'T Get LOST :D
 


                                          view from the ferry

No comments:

Post a Comment