Temple day today!! :D :D :D
and learned A LOT although I was really tired and was afraid I would doze off, but I didn't! Because I prayed that God would keep me up so I can learn and get answers to my questions, hehe
And I further realized that temple work and mission work are really alike, Though we are serving these people on the other side that needs the gospel, we still learn a lot through the ordinances we do for them, and as we serve the people in this world that need the gospel we also learn many many things, so awesome.
Andyways this week was miraculous one too! finding awesome investigators, especailly with Sister Cook's amazing music talent! Lily is Sister Sam, a recent convert's non-member daughter who is learning not only guitar from Sister Cook but also wants to learn more about the gospel!
We have also found 5 new potential investigators from just eating at a same restaurant twice in 24 hours, and one of them, Michelle, came and toured the church and participated in our English class last night! On Monday we had our consecrated finding time, which means that we schedule that time to go finding in advance and don't let anything come in the way and treat it like a sacred appointment that it is, and we found an elderly lady in need, Chan siu je, who we were able to invite to our ward's Family Home Evening and then taught about the prayer, and had her prayer answered by that night, it's actually a pretty long story but don't have that much time to tell all the details. Ah! can't believe all that has happened just last week, looking at my planner it surprises me how much has actually been done and happened, so incredible! Despite the crazy last minute interview invitation by our mission president for our whole zone on tuesday, where we had to use at least 2 hours of travel and some more waiting time but we are still able to accomplish so much!
Also I am learning so much more about working with the spirit, I really can see it more in this move because sister cook and i both often don't know what we are doing but things always work out so smoothly for the best and we definitely know we are being led by the spirit because we both are very well aware of eachothers' weaknesses. We are receiving revelations constantly for this area, the work is going so great and we are just over joyed witnessing miracles after miracles we fall into our bed with big smile-lies every night. So happy right now, God is so merciful and graceful to us!
Got to go now
but loves always and remember you are in my prayers!
Sister Burningham
Sister Wan our Thai less-active sister I talked about in my first week in Kwun Tong, we have been visiting her almost everyweek, and she has improved so much! she dilligently attends church when she doesn't have to work on sundays now, and prays everyday and is smiling more!
Today for P-day after the temple we went with the missionaries from different zones to eat together in a buffet, before that we went to the pier and admired the view of the hong kong city. And Sister Cook and I accomplished a nice companionship picture--which happens to be rare for some reason--yay!
The view of the pier 1
The view of the pier 2
Re-union with Sister Farr! I have missed her very much!
At the Buffet with some missionaries! The far left is Sister Chan, she is from Tai Wo Ward, my first area, and her mother is called my Hong Kong mother who calls me "nice pig", which is why she became my hong kong mother because my real mother calls me pig, hence we are sisters, we already felt like we already knew eachother before we came to this world when we first met so, we love eachother lots though we never served or lived together in same area! I love her and her family lots. Next to me is Sister Cook, and some elders :)
No comments:
Post a Comment