Pages

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Kwun Tong 18

Wow, I don't know what to say, so much is happening, so many people are coming closer to the Lord,
So humbled to be called on the Lord's errand here in Kwun Tong to be used as His tool to help these souls come unto Christ.
Debby, our recent convert's little sister brought her friend Christine to go to Sports Night with us on Friday!!!
We taught about prayer and had our two other recent converts Ying Ying and Cassandra share their testimony of prayer. Then they both were willing to pray, so we had two "closing prayer"s! And they were so heart felt and sincere prayers! Debby especially expressed how she had been doubtful about prayer and everything but "as I really did pray to you, I felt that there really was someone who listens, very close by me, with me, and understands me and my feelings, and it leads me to want to learn and listen more, so please help me know you more I am willing to see these missionaries, to learn more truth." I am so grateful for how open they each are with their prayers and to let us hear them, take glimpse into their heart. I feel so trusted and honored to hear their prayers.
Suki prayed and chose a baptismal date!! She wants to be baptized on August 5th!! She is so amazing! So special, ha, she is so child-like, so pure and honest and simple. Though she has big issue she first need to take care of before her baptism, she isn't stressed out at all about it and is willing to communicate with the parties involved to resolve them nomatter how hard or complicated it may be! She really wants to be baptized and establish an eternal family in the temple.
On Sunday we had 7 people come to church! and not only that, our neighbor investigator that we teach, Susanna, invited us to her Sunday family dinner,,,,
,,,where we met her entire extended family!!!!! :O
there were her parents, her husband and kids, her brother and sister, and their wife/husband and kids!! The three families eat together every Sunday (we turned down the offer of beer, lol)  and liked us missionaries so much(I don't know why really) that they invited us to come again next sunday and eat with them! 
I am so excited for the future of Kwun Tong, there are so many potential domino rows ready to start, we are really entrusted with so much and we are working very hard and doing the best we have ever done to take on all this!
Got to go now, but so much gratitude!!!!
Loves, 
Sister Burningham

No comments:

Post a Comment