I hope you are all doing wonderful!
Did I write about our new mission president yet?
We have a new mission president, President Hawks and his wife Sister Hawks,
and President Hawks used to be a BYU Provo professor/faculty/manager/ director, something in the Computer engineering dept,,, and he knows my animation faculties!!! :D Because I am not a native and don't have to speak Cantonese to communicate with him I haven't had the opportunity to hear his cantonese yet but from the native missionaries I heard his cantonese is great! He has served in Hong Kong as a missionary back when he was 19! Anyways we are excited to see what kind of things will happen in his leadership.
Today was our zone's temple day! It seemed so so long ago since last temple day, then I remember how privileged we are to even go to the temple almost every move! many missions don't get such an opportunity. The Lord really knew how much I needed the temple in my mission and in life, so he blessed me with the opportunity to serve in Hong Kong! Wow, this Sunday is my 13 month mark in my mission, time is very precious, I can't even begin to describe,,,
I am so grateful for my mission so far. I am so grateful for my Lord. He knows what I must become and He is with me all the way through to help me as I strive my best.
Kwun Tong is going well, very very well! Suki is progressing towards her baptismal date of August 5! And the twins, we have investigators Annie and Lucy and they are twins, they also want to be baptized very much, they are progressing towards 29th of July!
Christy, a former investigator we re-found through our girls' night activity, is thirsting, hungering for the gospel and she will quit her job at the end of her contract and start coming to church on sundays to be ready to be baptized by the 9th of September! and Mona, who is also a former investigator that has never progressed before, made it to church for the first time and ended up staying for 3 whole hours instead of 45 minutes she previously said was all she could stay for! She loved church so much! She also really needs to hear the Plan of Salvation if she would let us have opportunity to teach! We had 3 investigators get Anti-ed the past week together, one of their mothers told her she couldn't come back to church ever! but the other two sought us out to talk to us about it, they were so confused. We had a big lesson on prayer and Holy Ghost and finding answers, they were very in tune and focused more than ever, and promised to continue to pray so they can find their own answer from God and not from other people. They are both gone to Mainland this week for summer (many of our investigators are going to mainland for summer vacation,,,,) and so we are hoping and praying they won't forget what they have felt and to pray and to read the scriptures. they promised to come back and learn more as long as one of us is still serving in Kwun Tong. little nerve racking but I know if they do their part and we do ours, all will work out :)
It is a miracle how much I am still able to wake up on time every morning, truly a miracle the Lord has given me. I know all the things I am able to do and accomplish here are all because of the Lord. So truly honored to be used as His instrument.
I have been in Kwun Tong for a while now and people are starting to say that I will be transferred, I want to give all I can to Kwun Tong before I have to go,
I love Kwun Tong. It is so so special.
God be with you all,
loves,
sister lee
No comments:
Post a Comment